Field of expertise:
– Business law
– Civil procedure
– Alternative dispute resolutions
Professor, dr.Foziljon Otakhonov specializes in business law, especially in alternative dispute resolutions. He has extensive experience both in litigation as well as in arbitration in Uzbekistan. As a former graduate from the School of the law of Tashkent State University, before entering academia, he used to work as legal counsel in various governmental departments. After defending his Ph.D. in 1992, Professor dr. Foziljon Otakhonov worked for the highest legal institutions of Uzbekistan as a judge of the Tashkent city economic court, judge of the Supreme court, deputy director of the Chamber of Industry and Trade, director of the Institute for Monitoring of Current Legislation under the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan before serving as a Minister of Justice between 2006-2007.
Extraordinary active person, Professor Otakhonov, vastly contributed to the legal development in Uzbekistan. For example, while serving as a Minister of Justice, he launched the national online legislation platform – WWW.LEX.UZ and became a leading expert on adopting the Law on Arbitration in 2006.
While serving in various important posts, professor Dr.Foziljon Otakhonov is also widely known for his extensive interest in legal research and education. His research interest mainly covers alternative dispute settlement, corporate law issues, legal service in public offices, civil procedure, and judicial reforms in Uzbekistan. Till know, Professor,dr.Foziljon Otakhonov also has supervised dozens of young legal researchers. Travelling around the globe in various conferences and seminars, Professor dr. Foziljon Otakhonov also serves on the boards of various law journals in Uzbekistan. As of 2020 July, Professor dr.Foziljon Otakhonov serves as a director of the Institute for Problems of Legislation and Parliamentary Studies under the Oliy Majlis of the Republic of Uzbekistan.
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Publications of prof, dr.Foziljon Khaydarovich Otakhonov
Field of expertise:
– Civil law
– Intellectual Property Law
– Business(economic) Law
Omonboy Okyulov is a Professor of Civil Law at Tashkent State University of Law (TSUL) since 2015. He was the Head of Civil Law Department of TSUL (2013-2015) and Head of Commercial Law Department of TSUL (2007-2009). An honored lawyer of Uzbekistan, he currently holds a professorship at the Civil Law Department of TSUL. He was a visiting lecturer at Nagoya University, Japan (2002, 2014). He participated in several international conferences on copyright protection (Washington, USA, 1993), on denationalization and privatization (Nagoya, Japan, 2002, 2014), and on improving the construction of the Constitution of Asian countries (2015).
He has published over 300 scientific papers in Uzbek, Russian, English, and Japanese. Under his supervision, close to 100 young researchers defended their dissertations. In
2012, he was awarded the “Shukhrat” medal, and in 2016 he received the title of Honored Lawyer of Uzbekistan(O’zbekistonda hizmat ko’rsatgan yurist). He is author and editor of numerous publications, including Commentary on the Civil Code of Uzbekistan (2010), “Private international law” (co-author), “Agricultural law”(co-authored), “Civil right. Special section” (co-authored), “Civil law. Special part” (co-authored), “Property law” (co-authored), “Contract law” (2007)(co-authored), “Business law” (co-authored), “Economic business law” (co-authored), “Competition law” (2007)(co-authored), “Investment law”(2007) (co-authored), “Economic and business law” (co-authored), “Intellectual property law.”
Apart from legal education and research, professor Okyulov also actively participates in the legislative process, the training of highly qualified scientific personnel, and the formation of a professional judiciary. Furthermore, professor,dr. Okyulov serves as an advisor in various
state bodies’ advisory boards. For instance, he is one of the members of the public chambers of the Ministry of Justice and the General Prosecutor’s Office, as well. Moreover, professor Okyulov is a member of the Scientific Advisory Council of the Supreme court of Uzbekistan, a member of the Supreme Council of judges, a member of the Presidium of the HAC under the Cabinet of Ministers of Uzbekistan and an expert of the legislation Committee on judicial and legal issues of the of the Oliy Majlis of Uzbekistan
Selected publications of prof. Dr. Omonboy Okyulov
- Окюлов О. Фукаролик-хукукий жавобгарликни куллаш асослари.// конун ҳимоясида. 1999.№9.-Б.16-19.
- Оқюлов О. Интеллектуал мулк / / Ҳаёт ва қонун. — 2000. —№3.
- Оқюлов О., Интеллектуал мулк ҳуқуқи: умумий қоидалар ва алоҳида объектлар. – Тошкент: ТДЮУ, 2003.
- Оқюлов O., “Интеллектуал мулк ҳукуки”, И.М.Мўминов номидаги Фалсафа ва хуқуқ институти. Тошкент, 2005.
- Зокиров И., Окюлов О., Баратов М., Мехмонов –Мулк хуқуқ (дарслик). – Т.: ТДЮИ нашриёти, 2006.
- Oqyulov O (ва бошқ) Fuqarolik huquqi, Toshkent 2007, http://library.tersu.uz/kitoblar/aralash/Fuqarolik%202%20qism.pdf
- О. Оқюлов. Хўжалик(тадбиркорлик)ҳуқуқининг долзарб муаммолари. Ўқув қўлланма. Масъул муҳаррир:ю.ф.н., доц. Ф.Ҳ. Отахонов.―Т.:ТДЮИ нашриёти, 2007 й.
- Оқюлов О. Муаллифлик ҳуқуқлари ва интеллектуал мулкни ҳимоя қилиш – оммавий ахборот воситалари эркинлиги, мустақиллиги ва мулкий негизининг мустаҳкам пойдевори // Фуқаролик жамияти. – 2011. – № 2. – Б. 40–44.
- Ижтимоий шериклик ва давлат қарорларини қабул қилишда жамоатчилик иштироки масалалари бўйича халқаро тажриба / Тузувчилар: Н. Боржели [ва бошқ.]; таржимонлар: Э.М. Эрназаров, О.О. Оқюлов; Инсон ҳуқуқлари бўйича Ўзбекистон Республикаси Миллий маркази, Ҳуқуқий муаммоларни ўрганиш маркази. – Т.: ART FLEX, 2012. –11–12-б
- Оқюлов O, Ибрагимов Б, “Тадбиркорлик фаолияти соҳасида рухсат бериш тартиб қоидалари-кичик бизнес ва хусусий тадбиркорлик ривожланиши кафолати” 2013 https://justiceuz.wordpress.com/2013/03/07/ozbekiston-hojalik-huquqi/
- Оқюлов O, Мамасиддиқов М., “ВОРИСЛИК ҲУҚУҚИ” Ўзбекистон Республикаси Олий суди, АҚШ Халқаро Тараққиёт Агентлиги (USAID), АҚШ ҳукумати ва БМТ Тараққиёт Дастури, амалий қўлланма, Baktria press Тошкент – 2017(тақризчи)
- З.Н.Эсанова, О.Оқюлов ва бошқ. Иқтисодий процессуал ҳуқуқ (дарслик). – Т.: ТДЮУ, 2019.