- Uzbek Journal of Legal Studies (UJOLS) is a peer-reviewed online journal published by network of legal scholars once a year in April.
- UJOLS welcomes submission of articles, review of court decisions, book reviews and translations of legal documents that analyze and introduce the emerging issues in all sub-disciplines of law. Studies demanded to be published must be written either in English or Japanese.
- UJOLS accepts submissions in Microsoft Word format via electronic mail to firstname.lastname@example.org Preferred submission length is as such:
For papers written in English:
*Long articles: Up to 10,000 words (including footnotes)
*Short articles: Up to 6,000 words (including footnotes)
*Note, book review, and case note:Up to 3,000 words (including footnotes)
For papers written in Japanese:
*Long articles: Up to 24,000 words (including footnotes)
*Short articles: Up to 12,000 words (including footnotes)
*Note, book review, and case note:Up to 6,000 words (including footnotes)
Submissions must include a title, 250-word-long abstract and key words, not to exceed 6 words. Title, abstract and keywords must also be written in English. Prospective authors should submit their manuscript along with following contact information:
- Review Process: UJOLS will conduct an initial review to assess the contribution’s relevance for its readership. Manuscripts that pass the initial review will be examined in terms of form and content by at least two reviewers. It will be a blind peer review process in which the reviewers and the authors remain anonymous through the review process. The Editorial Board will assign reviewer(s), from either the Editorial Board itself and/or the wider group of Associate Editors, who have impartial expertise on the submitted topic.
Depending on their recommendations, we accept, advise minor revisions, request major revision and resubmission, or reject. Essays that are not accepted by the reviewers are not published and duly sent back to the author. Essays that are asked to be revised will be sent back to the author for revisions. It is the author’s responsibility to send the revised text to the editorial board by the specified deadline.
Initial review takes up to 6 weeks and after getting the comments, the author is expected to send the paper to the UJOLS with revisions in a maximum of 3 months. UJOLS editorial board possesses the right to reject revised article if it fails to respond the comments by peer reviewers.
- The format for submissions must be 12 pt. Times New Roman and double line spaced and 10 pt for footnotes. Abstracts should be written incidentally with 1 cm from the left and right.
- Under no circumstances, UJOLS takes content and scientific responsibility of the views made in submissions. All responsibility belongs to the concerned author/authors. Authors are not paid any copyright. Publication and copyrights of the published studies belong to the UJOLS.
7. All submissions in English must comply with the latest version of Oxford Standard for Citation of Legal Authorities (OSCOLA).
In case of Japanese, please follow following link of Kobe University,
We are currently accepting submissions for online publication. For any kind of inquiries please contact to following e-mail address: email@example.com